Friday, September 11, 2009

Never forget!




Today I was listening to the radio and watching tv being reminded of such a tragic and awful time 8 years ago. President Obama was giving a speech at the Pentagon on tv as I was getting ready this morning and I noticed that I should have been touched by our President talking about 9/11, however I felt it was cold and just another speech that was written and had to be given....I felt that was odd and made slight mention of it to my mom as I drove her to the airport this morning. * Now...I do not consider myself a very political person so this is not about being political please understand...but I am very patriotic and I cannot help but feel especially so today.* Anyway, I dropped mom off and was heading back home while listening to the radio and that song came on about never forgetting and where we were when the world stopped turning....on that September day...country song...anyway.....then came President Bush's voice and immediately my heart filled with emotion, I could not hold back the tears. I just felt his love for this country and for its people. Some may say things about each President and their choices yada yada...but nothing can touch that raw emotion I heard in President Bush's speech at that moment...I remember it then and I can still remember it now. I will never forget and I wish today I felt that way when I heard our current President speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment